Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bass Fishing Tales From Lake Norman,NC



It's been an ongoing "Bass Fishing Tournament" with my brother for about 2 years now.We talk a serious game about who can catch the most bass when we have our outings.Basically we rag each other until one begs for mercy.

So let me set the stage for you and ,I will explain are competition with each other since we both have Bass boats. He has my old 1993 ProCraft which still takes him out on the water everytime he's willing to catch a bass.You know a 60HP Mercury with trim.So he's equipped eneough to go get that "Big Bass Of the Day"!

Now on the other hand,when he recieved this boat he cried for a solid month ,from the time I offered it to him for free no string attached.But first I need another Bass boat before,I give it to you!He finally calmed down and accepted my fisherman's rule of thumb.


Never give up your bass boat if you don't have a replacement.Simple right? Wrong!I gave him the boat without one in the driveway. Yes fellow bass fisherman I did!I know you going to call me an idiot,but hey it was my brother.


But it's all good!I had that old Procraft for about 4 years never failed me when I wanted to wet a line. So, since he had never had a bass boat and this was my first bass boat.

I gave it to him so he could have the full experience of fishing out of a real bass boat and get away from the bank fishing he was acustomed too.

So to make a long story short.It took me about ole 1 week to get a newer Bass Boat.You Know 2000 186 Triton with a 150HP Mercury.Now this was a bass boat extremely fast especially out of the hole.

Top speed 75 mph with a Trophy Prop 4 blades,24 volt system and a 55 gallon tank.Talk about covering some major water.What use to take me at least 10 minutes to get to my honey hole.Only took about 4 minutes now!

It was unreal the amount of power Mercury puts in there marine motors.So now you have it the stage has been set.These are my Bass fishing tales ,I hope you have comments and advice for my blog.Or just tell me your bass fishing tales either fact or fiction.Does'nt matter!




No comments: